Sunday, June 30, 2024

Piano stool upcycle makeover , shabby chic

 



This piano stool was the right price and had potential.  



A vintage stool.  It has seen better days.  It needed to be recovered and painted.  I like the size a great place to stack books, drop your purse or with a tray a resting spot for a plant.



I removed the top and the Naugahyde cover off of it.  I found a Waverly curtain panel at the good will for two bucks.


This will make the perfect cover.  


I cut the curtain to fit added some batting for a little extra padding and grabbed the stapler.


  One leg was damaged on the bottom so I sanded it level and put a furniture leg pad on it to prevent a wabble.  

The base I sanded and painted with Dixie Belle mud puddle paint color, distressed, applied clear wax then dark to age it. 



The color Mud Puddle has mauve to pink undertones to it and matched the rose fabric perfectly.




She is priced and will go to Vintage Collections in Camden SC on June 6th

Now if I could have this much fun pulling weeds out of the sidewalk.

May you always find potential in everything.
Sheryl








No comments:

Post a Comment