Friday, May 31, 2024

Sugar Bucket upcycle

 Some times you need to know when to stop.  I recently found a sugar bucket at Habitat it had a broken lid and some one decided that they needed ,in magic marker, to add their initials to it. Every thing else about the bucket was primitive heaven.  





I managed to glue the lid top back together but reattaching the rim was difficult.  It literally fell apart every time I tried manipulate it.  I decided to omit the rim.



Now I have a sugar bucket not in its original state.  Rim broken and removed so the lid will not stay on top and removing the lid with out a rim is frustrating.  


I had found a well used wooden trowel on one of my excursions and picked it up just because it was well worn and you just never know when you may need a trowel.




I decided the handle on the trowel was some what primitive enough to be a up Cycled Sugar Bucket lid handle.


I addressed the sliding of the lid with an old dowel.  I cut three 1/4 inch pcs off and attached them under the lid.  The positioning was off the edge a smidge over the thickness of the bucket wall.



You drop the lid on and it will not slide off.


Now the general state of the bucket was beautiful in my opinion.  I did not think I could replicate the color of the original paint so I stopped here and decided not to paint.   I sanded the lettering off as best I could and applied clear and dark wax to age those scuffed areas.  




I also cleaned and waxed the interior.




A perfect storage container in any room of any home!

Hope you have good one!

Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment