Friday, March 18, 2022

seed starting and rushing spring



I grew up no Stranger to a garden or a field that needed Planting, Plowing or picking . I have never until  this year dabbled in Seedstarting. I am Hooked !  I am not sure where I am planting  30 Something Cherokee Purple Tomato plants, Straight 8 cucumbers or the flat of flowers.

The greenhouse is meeting every expectation I had and more. It is a great place to rest, bird watch, welcome daybreak and start Seeds.  It is also a motivator to spring clean a lot more aggressively and without remorse.  Purging the yard and garden of tired and spent trees,flower beds and ornaments.



Seed starting has made me a more ambishious " gardener".  The hollyhocks and cone flower Seedlings as well as Hibiscus and Zinnias are still wanting to be pricked out and replanted.



There is a calmness to gardening. Maybe it's because most gardening in the south is done at daybreak, during the newness and cooler early moring hours.  It Possibly could be that there are no "modern" distractions, just bird calls, sun in your eyes and dew on your feet. 


Whatever the reasons are, the end results can be stunning as well as nourishing.
If all you can manage is a single flower pot that's Okay.  Plant it !  
Happy Spring !
Sheryl 


 






No comments:

Post a Comment