Wednesday, July 14, 2021

65 lb weight loss

This August will be the one year anniversary of "the Diet"  This has been a challenging year and I have learned a lot about life style change and self forgiveness.   I have had a lot of people ask how did you do it.   Here are a few pointers and revelations that have helped me loose 65 lbs in a  year.



235 lbs

No. 1:  Admitting that I could not do this alone.  Folks I got on that bad knee and ask the almighty for help.  I admitted to him that I had made a mess of myself and needed help to undo it. Admitting that I had made a mess of myself made me realize that I had to fix it.  Not being able to get up off that knee without a chair to pull up on made me realize just how I had neglected myself.   I truly feel that the Lord guided me and led me to the answers that I needed to be successful.  



No. 2:  Do your homework.  Learn about food, blood sugar, healthy and unhealthy fats.  Know your body. Diets are not one size fits all.  I was insulin resistant with high blood sugar.  I was a sugar attic.  I did and still struggle with being  a Carb attic.  Empower yourself with the knowledge and tools you need to make that change.

No. 3:  Do not move out side of your comfort zone.   In other words if you do not exercise now do not plan on loosing weight with exercise.  Instead I focused on the one thing that I do everyday and that is eat.  You eat everyday !  Concentrate on food.  It will take a lot of effort to change that habit.  The Habit that got me to 235 lbs was not lack of exercise it was eating.  It was food.  The hardest thing to break is the habit of eating.  Most of us eat at certain times not because we are hungry.  We eat at a certain times because that is the habit.  Watching Tv, driving, break time , lunch time, supper time , dollar menus and snacking are all habit windows.   The clarity that the Lord provided me was this:  you are living to eat and not eating to Live.   Food is a source of entertainment and a condiment to go with boredom most of the time. 

No. 4: Be prepared to make a life long commitment.  Do not give up.  Satan deals in fear and doubt.  Satan will convince you that you are a failure or failing.  He will instill doubt in you and prompt you to give up.  Do not allow yourself to loose sight of your goal.  Do not convince yourself that you have failed before you try.

Corinthians 12:9. 

“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ 

 

Exodus 14:14 

“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.”


Isiah 41:10 

“fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

As believers of the Lord we are powerful in the Lord.  As believers in the Lord and ourselves we will not be defeated.  Every pointer listed above are all intended to empower you to reach your goal.  I am truly convinced that these are the answers God gave me to get myself under control.  You are not powerless and can change your life. 

No 5:  It will not happen overnight!  You are not going to wake up on day three at your goal weight. Folks it took almost a year to take off 65 lbs.  With that being said celebrate the one pound loss it is success.  Celebrate the .5 lbs loss it is success.  Celebrate the no loss and no gain that is a success.   Holding ground on some days is the best we can do at that time.  If you cheat get past it , forgive yourself and do better.   Everyday is the opportunity for improvement .  Everyday is a fresh start, do not let anything convince you that you cannot do it.  Above all stop telling yourself that you cannot do it.  If I can and read that story here you can.

I have always wanted to post a Mirror Selfie!

Love and Blessings to you all.

Sheryl



170 lbs.






6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, you look wonderful! And thank you for the "pep talk" inspiration. It is just what I needed today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you dropped in and found a pep talk. I have to give myself one on a daily basis.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to you on a job well done!! You look fabulous. Thank you for the inspirational words. These words apply to weight loss, and any other goal we would like to set for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You look amazing! Thank you for posting this. It's what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you stopped by and found something you needed...DO not give up! Sheryl

      Delete