Saturday, May 27, 2023

Haws watering can Purchase! Christmas in the greenhouse in May!



 I have been in the garden since I was five  years old.  I can remember helping Nana and Papa (Wilson) and, Mom and Dad plant and harvest the garden.  The the smell of fresh dirt and it between my toes are still my favorite part of spring and summer. That need to plant and harvest has not left me.  As an adult I still plant , harvest, and enjoy a flower garden.  As an adult I also love a good, vintage or new, garden tool.  The same way a seamstress or quilter likes a nice pair of scissor.  The same way a carpenter likes a good quality tape measure or a painter appreciates a quality brush.  I appreciate a good garden "Tool".  I have always wanted a Haws Watering Can.  Established in 1886 they are the worlds oldest manufacturer of watering cans.  The cans are balanced and carry well. They are powder coated steel and made environmentally responsible.  They are also pricey for a watering can.  Finally I bit the bullet and purchased a Haws watering can.  It is like Christmas in the green house!


    



It is what it is taunted to be:  A perfectly balanced 2 gallon watering can with gentle watering spout aka rose. I can report it carried the two gallons of water with out the sloshing or spilling.  It was balanced and easy on your grip (my older hands appreciate this). It does the job it promised to do.  



There are more interchangeable spouts that you can purchase for it.  Making this a versatile tool for the garden, patio and greenhouse.   I foresee seed watering next march.


And it looks amazing on the patio of the Greenhouse.  I thank my husband for not batting an eye when I made this purchase.  He reminded me that I have wanted one for a long time and to get it.  

Happy Gardening!
Sheryl

  


No comments:

Post a Comment