Thursday, July 14, 2016

Color does not have to be a big commitment!

 “I was inspired by Big Chill’s stoves  (you can check out their innovative stoves here)  and challenged to incorporate fun vibrant colors with my own style into the most important room of the house: the kitchen.”  

This sounds like fun and is a color I incorporate in my kitchen....
Turquoise.

Color can be a big statement , a subtle hint or mechanism used to pull a space together. I use the latter of the two.  I have a natural color pallet in most of my house and especially my kitchen has a very neutral pallet.  I some times want to change my  color scheme.
So here are some of the ways I play with color in my kitchen....




I love the color in these type flower paintings. They are cheap that is a plastic frame I rubbed gilding wax on.  They are somewhat easy to find and the color is bright and bold.

I have open shelving in my kitchen so the use of vintage bowls also makes the use of color fun.

Books are a great way to inexpensively add color.....



And lets not forget those little things that come in handy in a kitchen that can also be used for a pop of color...
The handles of scissors.  


Storage...a painted basket..


Vintage Lefton Saucer to hold soaps at the sink...


A vintage Christmas light cover with just the right shade of turquoise! 


Here are a few ideas of how you can play with color.  I would love to show you a shot of my kitchen but it is under demolition.

Ain't this pretty!


I will be posting the completion of the kitchen....Well when it is complete.....

I hope that you find that color that works for you and a fun way to use it.....
Sheryl




No comments:

Post a Comment