Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Dresser Make over...

This was a simple project.  The dresser was in nice shape and also I liked the hardware.  




As always large furniture goes on dollies so that I can turn it while painting.  I utilize floor space much easier this way.  The paint color is Southern Honey Claudi Bell.  It is a chalk paint however goes on a lot smoother .  Here is a paint tip:  I knew that I was painting this in stages....it took three coats with drying time in between.  So instead of washing my brush or having to clean a paint container I used a water bottle.   


I cut it in half  (leave the cap on)  ..


My chalk paint brush fit perfectly in the base....


I just squeezed the rim of the cut bottom and slide the top back on.  Making sure that that it slid down tightly giving me a pretty good seal.  The Brush was placed in a zip lock bag.  When you are done with the project rinse the bottle out..and toss in the recycle bin.



I love the finished product.  This is a subtle funky color.  The hard ware I simply sprayed Silver paint on then distressed with fine steel wool.  




I used Minwax furniture paste to give is a hard smooth finish.

Glad you stopped by!

12 comments:

  1. Did you make the chalk paint? I would love to have that color paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is by Southern Honey and called Claudia belle...you can order it on line. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. Did you make the chalk paint? I would love to have that color paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This call paint by southern honey...the color is claudi bell..you can order it on line..thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. This is feally pretty I love the color with love janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour of the transformation~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great painting tip. Love your results. I have only desk out in the barn that I am working on. I wish had used chalk paint, but I have never used it. Coming to you from Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chalk paint has a few more steps..and if I can pull it off you have no worries....just be prepared for more finish steps..it is all worth it...thank you for stopping by.

      Delete