Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Table top ashtray stand marriage....

Some times I am just drawn to items not so much because they are perfect but because they are really cool.  In this case I purchased a broken pie crust table and found a wrought iron ashtray stand with no ashtray.




The table did have some chipped edges..but other wise in good shape....the base was broken and not salvageable.  The Stand got a light coat of Rubbed Oil Bronze and since I had ASCP Old white already loaded on my brush Old white it was for the table top....

I did have to drill a hole in the table center to retro fit it for the stand.
Used the same screw that held the top on the stand just put a little ....

Liquid nail on the threads to make sure that it did not back back out.....and a tip to avoid damaging the screw head when you torque it down...Use the right size screw driver....

This was a large... I guess bolt sized screw so I used a wide headed flat screw driver to make sure that I did not mar it.

Distressed the table top and waxed it....


The end result a funky table with a spot for your coasters or candy dish....




So the next time you come across something that is just cool....Get it..your never know when that cool counter part will show up!

Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment