Monday, October 20, 2014

Modge podge French flare ornaments


Of course any one that will modge podge a telephone will not blink an eye at ripping a Barbie Head and arms off to make bustiers....Ripping the heads and arms off was almost the most fun.  
I did not go in to this project with out watching a few google vids there are some really good ones.  My favorite you can watch it here....

I started with any doll form that has an accented waist and bust line it does not have to be Barbie.
Wrap the form in cling wrap several times you need to be able to get the modge podge paper off.  It may take a few layers ....mental note....make sure your first and last layers are the paper you want to see. once you slit the back and remove the bustier you can then trim it to what ever size and shape you want.




Once you have your form the fun starts....On my last layer while the glue was wet I sprinkled with pearlized glitter.  oh yea.. I recommend making your own glue with 2 parts Elmer's glue all and 1 part water and save the expensive modge podge for the final coat so that you get the glossy that smooth finish.  It is a money saver.

I played around and made several different styles of bodice..and laced each one of them differently.  I used a bead reamer and sharp large needle to punch holes...I also used large sewing needles with needle nose pliers to pull them through to lace the backs.  This made it a little easier on the fingers.





I wanted to be able to see the interior of these to really play off the dimensionality of them....However did not want to show where the skirt had been glued in ..a little hot glue and tulle did the trick....



I hope that you anticipating this Holiday Season with much cheer and Hope.
SHERYL

Sharing with :













10 comments:

  1. How clever and creative. Quite a lovely French ornament. They would make great package decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lady..I like the package ornament idea as well. They were a lot of fun....thank you for stopping by. Sheryl

      Delete
  2. How pretty.. what a great idea! I love the lacing.
    Blessings,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and for the lovely comment.....Sheryl

      Delete
  3. Sheryl, What a great idea! I love making homemade Christmas ornaments! My friend loves Gone with the Wind and I could make an ornament like yours with that in mind for her. Perfect gift for a good friend! Visiting from Art is Beauty and the Twirl and Take a Bow link party. Have a great day! ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jamie you are right the sky is the limit with this base idea...So glad you liked it and thank you for the wonderful comments...You have one lucky friend..Sheryl

      Delete
  4. These are adorable Sheryl, and I love the black and white theme too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lady...for the lovely comment. Sheryl

      Delete