Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Drawer up cycle


Handy Hubby again has cleaned out and reorganized his shop He brought me two old yet neat drawers...


Love the key holes......
I had two diluted with water jars of white chalk paint and not sure of what brand they were...I added June bug green from Southern Honey to one to get a nice shabby green...and Emperor Silk by Annie Sloan to the other to get a shabby pink...The knobs I had stashed for that special project. 

Two coats of paint, distressing, adding the stencil design (by Martha Stewart found at Joann's and purchased with a 40% off electronic coupon) and Paste wax, the outside was complete.  I decided to modge podge the interior with some shabby wall paper I picked up at Goodwill....
And to make that top edge a little neater I cut some scrap book paper and modged podged it around the top.  


Some really cool storage and super easy upcycle.  I love projects that do not require a big purchase of supplies to complete or one that you can pull together what you need from a stash.  I hope this inspires you to look at old drawers and paint differently.
Thanks for stopping by,
Sheryl

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea! I love how your "new" drawers came out! I found some chalk paint at JoAnn's....pretty good so far. I am trying my talents on painting things with chalk paint. It is a little scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lady...Just grab that paint and Growl...the first project with chalk paint was actually books.Here is the link address.....http://redtininn.blogspot.com/2013/07/finally-bought-some-annie-sloan-chalk.html..,,I figure with 25 cent books if I made a mistake no biggie..I so thank you for stopping by the RTI and hope to see you again...Good luck with the paint and make sure you share with us!

      Delete
  2. These drawers turned out really great! They will make for such pretty storage, and I love the knobs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms Julie for the lovely comments...

      Delete
  3. Drawers are in my top three favorite furniture pieces. Love how you transformed them. The green is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lady..I like the green too...reminds me of spring....

      Delete
  4. Love them, super cute! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! I see old drawers at the thrift store...wish I could transform a couple of them! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Diane..the next time you see some drawers...get them...this is such an easy project. sky is the limit...you need to go for it! You might impress your self....Thank you for the lovely comment!

      Delete
  6. I love old drawers! And the colors and and old wallpaper make them perfect

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol....so glad you stopped by and thanks for sharing your exciting news..Sheryl

      Delete