Monday, June 9, 2014

On table, two table New table..


Some times it is hard to think outside of the table but on this occasion I did. 
The base of the above table had this warped top on it.

I did not discard this ..I am thinking distressed clock face wall hanging....

The Good oval top was on the broken base by Handy Hubby. He could not resist getting involved I had the power tools out.  He is so precise, that had to be dead center. 
 Thank goodness one of us is that way!

We centered the mounting bracket from the round warped table base on to the oval lovely table top. Screwed the oval  good top on to the good base.

I painted it with Annie Sloan old Linen , distressed with medium steel wool then fine steel wool, then topped it off with Annie Sloan clear wax that I buffed with fine steel wool.

A new table!


Went by the booth today and it is sold!
It is overwhelming to think that some one has a little piece of my work sitting in their home!
Hope this inspires you to look differently at Broken tables.....
Sheryl

Sharing with:


http://www.redouxinteriors.com/2014/06/thebestdiylinkpartyhandmadehangout1/

http://distresseddonnadownhome.blogspot.com/2014/09/make-it-monday-1.html

9 comments:

  1. great job....I never even got to see it! You are so very creative...and having a Handy Hubby sure doesn't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Lady and Yes I think in Keep him...

      Delete
  2. that's a cutie patootie for sure no wonder she sold xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ...I hope you stumble onto a couple of broken treasures....

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Emily for the wonderful comment...I hope you are inspired to break out the glue and some pretty pictures and make your own.

      Delete
  4. I love a good recycled story! Someone not as clever and creative as you are would have tossed both tables. Thank you for linking to Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new table you made is a great shape! I'm not surprised it sold so fast. Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job with the table! Thanks for linking up to Make It Monday, our new link party!

    ReplyDelete