Saturday, June 7, 2014

Lone Star stool


If you have not already guessed..I have a unusual fetish for step stools.  This one was a yard sale buy for a buck.  You  just cannot pass that up.  I love the primitive lines on this item it is homemade. 



 I choose Annie Sloan emperors new silk red for the base. I used only one coat and then distressed it down .  I then used my Silhouette (you can read about it here) and down loaded a simple star design to the software.  I determined how large I wanted it to be and used the software to set the size then cut it out of a clear over head projector sheet.  Now the stencil is good for a few more uses.


I used Southern Honey Maurice blue chalk paint to stencil the star with then sanded and distressed it.  I finished the stool off with a coat of Clear Annie Sloan Wax followed up by a light smudging of her dark wax.  I gave it a good 1000 grit sanding so that you get that soft aged feel as well.  I think in a little boys room on a fire place mantel or sitting on the front porch is a perfect place for this lone star.  


Thank you for stopping by!

Sheryl
SOLD

2 comments:

  1. omg this is so sweet i would love it any where in my house great job xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ....so glad that you dropped back in.

      Delete