Sunday, May 18, 2014

He Makes House calls.....


Vintage Love







I was playing Working with my 15-91 singer machine last week and the tension screw came out of the bobbin casing while it was in the machine. Happy Mothers day to me.   Ouch....Needless to say the work stopped and a service call had to be made.  I figured if I had to take one in I would also take the Featherweight (you can read about it here). I was having trouble with a consistent tension on it.  I called White's sewing center to make sure they still made machine repairs and would work on the dinosaurs I owned.  


To my surprise they will work on my machines and made house calls!  

He replaced a few springs, rewired the foot peddle and replaced the rubber feet on the FW  .  He also infromed me that this FW was persnickety and the tension had to be spot on to get great results.  The 15-91 got a new bobbin case it was warped as well as a new spring on the bobbin winder.  He cleaned and oiled them both and gave me a much needed crash course in Bobbin tension. All of this was under 150.00 bucks.  WOW.
So if you are in the central SC. Richland and Kershaw counties and need a machine repair look up Whites Sewing Center. I am very please with his service and the house call.  He has 45 years experience and Whites is a family owned business.
I thank you for stopping by and hope your summer break leaves dirty dishes in the sink while the sun shines on your cheeks.
Sheryl

Sharing with....



7 comments:

  1. That is so neat that you found someone who would make house calls and was able to fix both of your machines! I have had the foot pedals replaced on my 15-91s as they really ran hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good on the 15-91 He said the wiring looked great..and it is the original, I also have a 185k and a 201 they are not as smooth as the FW and the 15-91 but will do in a pinch...So glad that you stopped by. Have a good evening....Sheryl

      Delete
  2. Beautiful machine, glad you could find someone to do house calls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms Gayle..so glad that you stopped by.

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Sheryl! I live in Aiken - wonder if they travel that far :>) Love your machines - I have my grandmother's Singer but not sure if it is worth fixing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna if i ist an old black singer that the wheel will turn on then yes it is worth it. You can call he is located in West Cola. So he may come that far. Hope you are enjoying these last cool...SC days. Sheryl

      Delete
  4. I love your singer. I own a 1921 singer and case. It is in very good condition and I have owned this one since the 1980's. I have never thought of selling it but now I would like to know how much I may be able to get. I can no longer use the machine and I think someone who can should have it.. I wish to thank you, Sheryl, for this site. I came upon it by accident ...or not. That is a lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete