Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Its happy hour at the Inn.......


I have started the Christmas decor, and will be on an on-going creative frolic, until I take it down after Christmas. 
I will apologize now for the no so professional photos..

I really do not have a theme.  The outside I try to keep rustic.  And what do you do with a large ramp on your house?...You hang lights and tacky red bows on it!

The "PEACE" sign by the door I originally created for the booth but loved it and decided to keep it.



The Deer were made by my parents and were given to us on our first Christmas we have been putting them up for 20 years now.

The out side stays fairly simple.


The screen porch gets a little twinkle with a few alpine pines with white lights and Santa.

Some pine cones and white lights.
About 10 years ago all of the handmade and family ornaments suffered water damage.  All the dough ornaments and hand painted plaster of Paris did not survive and what did not melt disintegrated or molded.  So off to big lots and I came home with Blue, Silver, clear or white ornaments.

Since that sparse shopping trip I have added a lot of vintage or second hand ornaments to the tree.

Vintage blue felted birds as well as white clip on doves are my favs.

I  purchased these beautiful flocked white deer from a Lovely lady and Her Husband.  They are dealers at the antique store where I have a booth. 



Victorian Santa's are also winning my heart and I could not pass this one up.

This is a short and informal tour of the Humble Red Tin Inn at Christmas.  However we the Connolly's wish you and yours a Christmas filled with Love, Peace, Joy and Health.

Sheryl

Sharing at:









Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
By Stephanie Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Dayle. I am so glad that you stopped by. Sheryl

      Delete
  2. Sheryl, Your home is beautifully decorated for Christmas! Thanks for joining the Open House party and Happy Holidays to you and your family.
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete