I ran across these pitiful paper Mache deer at a yard sale at a great price I could not pass them up.
They had broken antlers...
Rough spots on their bodies and well worse for the wear ...they needed an make over....
So I went to the spray paint cabinet and found Valspar outdoor Color in Peacock Blue gloss...Mental note if you decide to paint a mache product consider a light coat of primer before applying paint color. This will save you paint and time.
There were holes where I had cut the broken antlers off. I filled them with scrunched icicles and then made antlers from floral picks. I just reshaped them with some silver pipe cleaners.
The baby of course is still growing his antlers they have not blossomed into Mom and Dad's shape yet...
Finally to hide the harsh texture around one antler I added a bow to Mrs. Prancer and a Bow Tie to Mr. Prancer. I think they have a mod kick to them. The hardest thing about this project was, what to use for the antlers. Hint..the picks were 40% off at Jo Ann's and I had a 25% off the entire order..so that is 65% off which makes this project even sweeter.
Hope you and your family are well and warm!
my life in pencil pinworthy project party 88 pin and be
Confessions of a Plate Addic The scoop