Saturday, November 9, 2013

Prancer and the Family



I ran across these pitiful paper Mache deer at a yard sale at a great price I could not pass them up.


They had broken antlers...


Rough spots on their bodies and well worse for the wear ...they needed an make over....

So I went to the spray paint cabinet and found Valspar outdoor Color in Peacock Blue gloss...Mental note if you decide to paint a mache product consider a light coat of primer before applying paint color. This will save you paint and time.  

There were holes where I had cut the broken antlers off.  I filled them with scrunched icicles and then made antlers from floral picks.  I just reshaped them with some silver pipe cleaners. 

The baby of course is still growing his antlers they have not blossomed into Mom and Dad's shape yet...

Finally to hide the harsh texture around one antler I added a bow to Mrs. Prancer and a Bow Tie to Mr. Prancer.  I think they have a mod kick to them.  The hardest thing about this project was, what to use for the antlers.  Hint..the picks were 40% off at Jo Ann's and I had a 25% off the entire order..so that is 65% off which makes this project even sweeter.
Hope you and your family are well and warm!
Sheryl
SOLD
Sharing at:

Metamorphosis Monday

my life in pencil pinworthy project party 88 pin and be

Confessions of a Plate Addic The scoop






By Stephanie Lynn
MinettesMaze
Sweet Anne Designs - Sweet Sharing Monday
Elizabeth and Co.

7 comments:

  1. A wonderful "save" just in time for the holidays! Up cycling at it's best ;-) Great idea on the antlers and adding a bow for a boo-boo spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JoAnn So glad you stopped by. I think I skipped over fall and have gone straight in to Christmas....Hope you are having a great day....Sheryl

      Delete
  2. The reindeer turned out great! Wonderful idea for a blue Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna for the compliment and for stopping by. Hope you are having a great day! Sheryl

      Delete
  3. Very cute! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you ...and Thank you for stopping by. Sheryl

      Delete