Sunday, November 24, 2013

Cabinet Door Up cycle



I have been rummaging around Pinterest and loving the hand painted signs and up cycled items .  Especially the Christmas Themed ones.  A old sideboard was offered to us at the unbeatable price of Free and we did not turn it down.  The doors were actually very pretty and well..that was all that had pretty potential..I am not afraid to tackle tough jobs like (Did I say thank you and Sweet Salvage) however this one I passed on the complete "redo"

I took the hardware off the doors and filled in the holes with wood putty...




Let them dry completely then sanded them smooth with a sanding sponge.

I put one coat of ASCP Emperors Silk and lightly sanded to distress...
Cut Letters with the Cricut and stenciled them in with Southern Honey Otis Grey.


 Highlighted with Black and white craft paint 
sanded again then waxed with ASCP clear wax.
Added a wire hanger and a small thin piece of wood across the backs of the puttied holes. ( the prevent them from falling out)
Added some decorative salvaged hardware to blend those puttied holes a little better....



And Wallah......

A great rustic Holiday sign that cost..well pennies! Right on the mark for my budget!
I do hope that you have some wonderful holiday plans in the works and if you plan on taking it easy, I hope for happiness and health for you this holiday season, From My Family To Yours!
Sheryl
Sharing with:



Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home

10 comments:

  1. Now this is just so pretty! very nice up cycle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you JoAnn ...it is always nice to have you drop in. Happy Thanksgiving....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rustic holiday sign!
    Marie@InteriorFrugalista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie...and Thank you for stopping by..Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  4. Thank you Michele and I am so glad that you stopped by..Hope you a have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great up cycle project, thanks for joining us at Creative Monday. Featuring and pinning this week at the blog hop...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting Creative Monday.....Love a good link party...

      Delete
  6. Great job with the layers of paint - it looks vintage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady...And thanks for stopping by. Merry Christmas! Sheryl

      Delete