Sunday, October 6, 2013

Second Time Around


Goodwill sometimes offers up pretty potential for a great Price.  This item is a fine example of that potential.  


This Guy had a few layers of paint on him.  I believe he was probably maple then orange then black.  





It is a quartz clock that has a Westminster chime.  Sounds wonderful and keeps great time, just needs a "face lift"




I am lazy so I lightly sanded to try to smooth out the rough coat no go. So I just added some Maurice Grey chalk paint, distressed it mildly to the under paints and waxed.  The bezel on the face received a cleaning and what a difference.


This is an improvement.  I think I should have pre-sanded a little more but I can say that is looks a lot better. 




So glad that you stopped by!
Sheryl












7 comments:

  1. Hi Sheryl,
    She is beautifully transformed. Great job. Love this.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by...Thank you for the compliment...Sheryl

      Delete
  2. What a huge difference....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog and your clock makeover, so gorgeous! I would like to invite you to join my blog party Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage to link up your vignette or anything else you'd like to. ( I usually start the link up on Saturdays) Hope to see you there, Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by...and for the wonderful comment. I would LOVE to join your Blog Party.Off to make sure I am following and getting your updates..Sheryl

      Delete
  4. So pretty! The clock looks lovely in grey. Thanks for sharing with Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete