Saturday, September 7, 2013

1954 Kirby 514 Vacuum




Handy Hubby and I were out and about plundering through Camden SC and what a great find!  A 1954 Kirby 514 bag less. 



...oh gosh and she is trimmed out in red.  Handy Hubby took her to the shop gave her a cleaning emptied the bag and the bottom boot and Fired her up.  She purred like a kitten.  Wow she is much lighter than the newer Kirby vacs and what style!  She was made in an era when style was as important as functionality.  When we had shaken, blown and beat someone else's dust out of her ,and gave her a good disinfect, I took her in and gave her a try. (minus the apron and heels) I have never had so much fun cleaning the floors.

Storage is easy for this gal.  She is sitting pretty beside the pie safe.  They were made for each other.  




...as always I hope this post finds you in good health and having a wonderful day...
Sheryl

3 comments:

  1. what a sweet find... and it works? amazing! Made in the USA I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is made in the USA. My next vintage love will be a sewing machine That I found today.(made in the USA).a singer 221 feather weight...great little machine! Glad you are here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What a cool find! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete