Saturday, August 3, 2013

Just a little practice with nice results.


 What an easy project. The hardest part was waiting for the pain to dry and buffing the wax.  The paint dried quickly between coats...sanded wonderfully....and the wax went on like butter....

As you can see from the before it had issues...all cosmetic otherwise a solid little pc..perfect nightstand or end table.




 Yep I do tape the edges...Hate to pull a drawer out and see a mess.  I am OCD....and I do not want any therapy!..  I did hit that ring with some 180 lightly then 240 sandpaper to smooth it out.  between each coat I hit it with 240 grit sandpaper for a smooth deep finish...and topped it off with 3 coats of clear wax with 240 sanding between on the top surfaces and two coats of wax with 240 sanding on the sides, drawer and trim.  I am pleased...and giddy at planning the next project!







No comments:

Post a Comment