Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Three pretty table all in a row..


Three Pretty Tables all in a Row..


I came across these stacking end tables at a yard sale (there are three) a while back and could not pass them up!

I had a vision.  Annie Sloan old white, graphite and a mix of wax, lot of clear and a dot of dark. The calligraphy font cartridge ,Cricut machine and contact paper made the art work easier.  Hint getting the contact paper, after cut, on the tables was the hardest work in these.

 After the white coats were applied I aged the table a bit with sand paper, then stenciled with graphite, a couple of coats.


Several coats of the wax mixture were added and buffed.   On the last coat of wax I made it a little thicker in places so the "shine" is also distressed however the tables are protected.


5 comments:

  1. These are a winner! Can't wait to see them at the Barn...they won't last long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love them -quite a transformation. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.....love the porch floor!!

      Delete
  3. What a great idea. I have a couple of stacking tables, think I'll try this look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you stopped by...the tables do look better in "person". They were a lot of fun....Good luck please let me know how they turn out.

      Delete