Friday, August 16, 2013

Emporer's silk is the new RED!





Sometimes you just know that something so simple has the character to transform with some help.  I was lucky enough to find a little bench ..more decorative then comfortable ..at a yard sale that was screaming RED.

It had a messy paint job on it but I loved the lines and even the 80 'ish look.  This guy says paint me red.  So with ASCP Emperor's silk and some dark wax the dream was well on the way .  I roughly sanded the scraped some of the heavy paint blobs off.  Two coats of red with a light sanding between and straight dark wax  made all the difference in this guy. I did not sand after waxing nor add an extra coat .




Love how the dark wax settled in to the original "bad" paint job. 



4 comments:

  1. now that is a good red! love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dark wax over the E. Red really gave it a rich color..Thank you !

      Delete
  2. wow! Red chairs are looking gorgeous! I wish to have for my garden this kind of chair..my wife and children must love them.
    Thanks
    shabby Chic Furniture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you for stopping by The Red Tin Inn. I hope you find the perfect red chair for your garden. Your wife and children are very lucky. Sheryl

      Delete