Sunday, July 28, 2013

First Annie Sloan paint Projects..



 I finally bought some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and I waited way to long to do so!


My first project were some 25 cent hard back books that are now table decor.  What fun!  The learning curve is actually fun with this paint. I also purchased dark wax, I see clear or light in the future, anitq. gold gilding wax, Paris Grey, Coco and old white.  The book project started with some hard back books......

 The first coat is a light  coat of Coco.  Love this color adds a lot of depth and will stand on its on. Sanded with 240 grit then a coat of old white.  Wow thick wonderful paint.  I also painted the page edges with the white.  Then 240 light buff.  I applied dark wax love the deepness however it really is over powering on old white.  I made as light a coat as possible and hit the painted page edges.  Once dried and buffed these books feel like leather.  I very lightly buffed with 240 then gilded the edges with the gilding wax. Wow I love the effect.  Still learning but I feel really good about the start!




SOLD

4 comments:

  1. These are Fabulous! I look forward to seeing all of your exciting projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady!..I just finished stacking tables yesterday with script number on them..what fun..you are an inspiration!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love how these turned out. I've covered books in fabric, but haven't thought to paint them. I'm visiting from the Share Your Creativity link party.

    Christy @ Creating a Beautiful Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my...I am so sorry I am just now thanking you for stopping by...The books are fun..use furniture paste wax and they will feel like leather...Johnsons paste wax is a good economical choice..

      Delete